Are you a coconut fan? Then you will love this: Coconut Curd! It’s so sweet and creamy. Really hard to think this is guilt-free! And my favorite part is topping it off with toasted shredded coconut. Mmmmm….
- 5-6 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons of butter (cut up into 4 pieces)
- 3 oz. of coconut cream (the heavy stuff!)
- 1/2 cup of agave nectar (or another sweetener)
- 1 tsp of vanilla (optional)
- Set up a bain marie or heat-proof bowl over simmering water.
- Add the egg yolks, coconut cream and sweetener. Use a whisk to stir and combine the ingredients.
- Slowly add small pieces of butter until it’s all in the bowl. Whisk the butter into the mixture as you add it.
- Gently simmer and occasionally blend the mixture until it thickens (about 5 minutes). Try not to let it get clumpy.
- Once it is the consistency of custard, take it off the heat, cool in a bowl or pan of cold water to stop it from cooking, and then store it in the refrigerator to use in yogurt, as cupcake filling, or just by itself!