Just like kale chips, here’s similar version which I found on nomnompaleo.com: Brussels Sprout Chips. Nutritious, delicious, and guilt-free! You only want to use the outer leaves. The trick to successful chips is to make sure you get the edges brown. See my photo? I could add another 5 minutes to these to get them more brown and crispy but I wanted to make sure you could still tell these were fresh green Brussel sprout leaves.) They may look burnt or wilted but they’re actually crunchy. The lemon zest is optional. I loved it! I thought it added a freshness to the chips.
- 2 cups of Brussels sprout leaves (outer leaves from 2 pounds of sprouts)
- 2 tablespoons of melted ghee or butter or olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a salad bowl, toss the leaves with oil and salt. You can add the lemon zest at this stage or after baking.
- Line a baking sheet or two with parchment paper for easy clean-up. Arrange leaves in a single layer.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until leaves are crispy.
- Toss lemon zest over the chips.
- Enjoy as a snack or appetizer!