I’ve been in the mood for a nutty crunchy cookie and at the same time, my Swiss cousin sent me this: Salted Pecan Sandies from Comfy Belly. (I guess she was in the mood too!) To my surprise, I actually had all the ingredients on hand – minus the pecans, so I subbed walnuts and they worked out perfectly. These make for an easy guilt-free, gluten-free snack or dessert.
- 2 cups of blanched almond flour (lighter) or almond meal (darker)
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of pecans or walnuts (raw or roasted)
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- course salt for sprinkling on each cookie (optional)
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 300° F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add in the wet ingredients.
- Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper or a non-stick mat.
- Place small balls of cookie dough about an inch apart on the cookie sheet. (They’re supposed to spread but mine didn’t so for the second batch, I pressed them down with a fork.)
- Sprinkle a bit of salt over each cookie, and bake for 20 minutes, or until they are turning golden brown.
- Cool for a few minutes then crunch away!