My favorite gluten-free food blogger, Michelle at GlutenFreeFix.com, strikes again! She made these low-carb, gluten-free “Corn” Dog Bites that both my kids enjoyed! So much so that I made it TWICE in a week! Although it doesn’t have corn in the recipe, the bread comes pretty close to tasting like cornbread.
I also made a cheese only option for my daughter who loves cheese. These are quite simple and fun to make. Perfect for a weekend lunch with the kids, an after-school snack or as an appetizer. I’m thinking of making these for Easter for the kids to eat while egg hunting. 🙂
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp agave nectar or coconut nectar
- 1/4 cup almond flour, firmly packed
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour, firmly packed
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3-4 hot dogs or string cheese (cut in 1/2 inch slices)
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- Whisk together melted butter, eggs and sweetener.
- Stir in dry ingredients. Then add in the shredded cheese.
- Scoop into greased mini muffin pans, about 1 tablespoon of batter in each.
- Place 1 hot dog or cheese slice in each muffin batter.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm.