I’ve been following this blog by Frugal Feeding since I started my blog 2 years ago. He’s from the UK and I love his food blog. It’s about being economical with money or food. I was drawn to this recipe for Browned Butter Scrambled Eggs. It’s just scrambled eggs but I’ve never made it with browned butter. Sounded like a fancy low-carb, gluten-free breakfast. So I gave it a try one morning. Wow! What a difference in taste from using olive oil.
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp of butter
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp whole milk or cream
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the milk/cream. Do not over whisk. You still want to see small, lumps of yolk.
- In a skillet over a high heat, brown the butter. This should take a minute or so.
- Pour the egg and leave for 10 seconds. Move it around the pan until most of it is cooked – resist the temptation to mix it all really thoroughly.
- Serve over a bed of steamed spinach or a slice of toasted Flax Seed Focaccia Bread.