My daughter and I had a free Saturday one day while my husband and son went on a hike. I asked her what she wanted to do and she requested to have a tea party at home. Just the two of us. How sweet. She said she didn’t want to drink tea. She wanted “fancy lemonade.” My parents’ lemon tree happened to have an abundance of lemons that week so I happened to have a zillion lemons on hand. I also happened to have some strawberries in my freezer that I save for making smoothies. Together, we made a sugar-free Strawberry Vanilla Lemonade. Served in champagne flutes, my daughter definitely enjoyed her fancy lemonade on our Mommy & Daughter Tea Party.
- 4-5 lemons
- 1-2 tsp of vanilla
- 1/3 to 1/2 tsp of powdered Stevia extract (or other sweetener)
- 6-8 fresh or frozen strawberries, washed, cleaned and cut in half
- water and ice
- Juice the lemons and pour in a pitcher.
- Add vanilla.
- Fill with ice and water.
- Add Stevia (or other sweetener). Add more to your preferred sweetness.
- Add the strawberries and let them soak for an hour before serving so that the strawberry flavor enhances the lemonade.