I guess I’m on a cookie kick lately. I was intrigued about tahini from my last cookie encounter (Chocolate Peanut Butter and Tahini Cookies) and stumbled upon a recipe that called for cinnamon and oatmeal mixed with tahini. Sounds like a breakfast cookie to me! So I played around to make these Tahini Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies low in sugar, low in carbs, vegan and dairy-free so I can call it a guilt-free goodie.
I love the texture of these cookies. They’re crumbly and toasty. Pair it with a tall glass of cold soy milk or almond milk for a delightful snack!
- 1 cup of tahini (or any nut butter)
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, pecans (any nuts)
- chopped up bar of dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or use parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the tahini, agave and cinnamon. Mix in walnut, chocolate and oats until well blended. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are slightly brown. Cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.