This hits the spot when you’re craving lasagna! Italian Stuffed Spaghetti Squash uses an alternate for pasta. And the best part is your kitchen smells so delicious – like you’re baking a tray of your favorite Italian dish. Gluten-free and lower in carbs. So good!
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1/2 lb ground beef (or chicken, turkey, pork, etc.)
- 1 tsp. of minced garlic
- 1 jar of sugar-free spaghetti sauce of your choice (or make your own)
- 1 tub of ricotta cheese
- Parmesan or mozzarella cheese
- Cook your spaghetti squash per instruction on this link: click here.
- While that is cooking, make your meat sauce by first browning the meat and garlic, then adding the spaghetti sauce. Set aside.
- When your squash is done, cut it into two halves lengthwise. Scrape out the seeds and fill each side half way with ricotta cheese, then top with meat sauce until it’s over-filled.
- Top with cheese and place under the broiler for about 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Scoop out your servings and enjoy with a side of green salad!