Doesn’t this Cauliflower Pizza Crust look like a REAL pizza crust?! I finally found a recipe for this gluten-free, wheat-free, low carb crust that doesn’t turn out soggy and is actually a decent guilt-free substitute for pizza crust. This is based from a recipe from GoSuperSisters.com. The trick is getting ALL THE EXCESS WATER OUT! And it’s best to make this a personal-sized pizza vs. a regular family-sized pizza because then the center will be soggy. I couldn’t bake it longer without burning the edges. And look at those edges! Yup… there is a little crunch with this crust!
- 2 cups of rough chopped cauliflower
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbs coconut or oat flour
- 1 T Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp of dry Italian herbs or seasoning
- Pepper (optional)
- 2 T tomato sauce or sugar-free pizza sauce
- 2 T Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 cup of shredded mozzarella
- Your choice of toppings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower in a food processor (or in a blender with a bit of water) and process until “riced.”
- Put the riced cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 4-5 minutes or until soft.
- Once cauliflower has completely cooled (a couple hours?), pour the cauliflower “dough” in a clean kitchen towel or cheese cloth and squeeze the excess water out. I’m talking SQUEEZE! There is a lot of water in cauliflower and when you think you’ve squeezed it all out, SQUEEZE some more! You’ll be thankful you did.
- Place cauliflower back into a bowl and add your egg white, flour, cheese, garlic, salt, seasoning and pepper. Mix well and form into a ball.
- Place the dough on your lined baking sheet and flatten into a round circle with your hands. Place in oven for 15 minutes, then remove and carefully flip (I used another lined baking sheet on top to support the crust and make sure it didn’t fall apart).
- Put it back into oven for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown (more if you want).
- Once your crust is done, top it with sauce, cheese and any other toppings.
- Place it back into the oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is golden.
- Buon Apetit!