Earlier this week, I didn’t know what to make for dinner. I had ground turkey in the freezer and a spaghetti squash in the fridge. Then I remembered that my friend posted Jessica Alba’s Turkey Meatballs on Facebook. It looked good and seemed simple enough to make. So with just one alteration, we had Gluten-Free Turkey Meatballs for dinner! Yay! (And this recipe made so much I had leftovers for lunch. Yummy!)
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- In a large bowl, mix turkey, almond meal, carrots, zucchini, onion, eggs, Italian seasoning, and salt. Form into 1-inch balls.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning, until browned, about 7 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of chicken broth; cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid is almost completely absorbed.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup of broth and increase heat to medium; cook, uncovered, until liquid is absorbed.
- Serve over spaghetti squash, zoodles (zucchini noodles), or a side of roasted veggies.