I saw this recipe for Oven Baked Prawns on a Facebook post that went viral and HAD. TO. TRY. IT! Looked so simple to make and, of course, I had to add my own spin on it. This dish is great as an appetizer at parties when your guests don’t mind getting their hands dirty or as a dinner entree.
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 lemon sliced thinly
- 1 lb. of prawns or shrimp (shelled or not shelled, whichever you prefer)
- 1 tsp of dried Italian spices (basil, oregano, thyme, garlic, etc.)
- salt & pepper
- Optional: sliced zucchini or asparagus spears
- Preheat oven at 350˚F.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe glass pan (about 1-2 minutes in the microwave.)
- Layer the lemon slices over the butter.
- Place the prawns over the lemon slices.
- Sprinkle the Italian spices, salt & pepper over the prawns.
- Top with veggies.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes. (You may have to move the veggies around to make sure all the prawns are cooked.)
- Dig in!