When I get lazy or don’t have time to make old-fashioned oatmeal, I can make these… I love these Overnight Oats! I found the idea from a friend’s Instagram post. She’s a fitness and nutrition coach (TineySpark) and now I can have oatmeal without all the work. You can use either a mason jar or an almost-empty-jar* of peanut butter.
(* almost empty means you have about 1 tablespoon of peanut butter around the jar)
In a mason jar…
- 1 Tbsp of PB (or any nut butter)
- 1/2 cup of uncooked old-fashion oatmeal (not quick oats or steel-cut)
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (soy, coconut or rice milk works too)
- 1 Tbsp of agave nectar (or other sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp of shredded coconut
- 1 tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- a splash of vanilla extract
- a couple shakes of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp of flax seeds
- Put the lid tightly back on the jar.
- Shake vigorously!
- Place the jar in the refrigerator overnight and you’ll have a guilt-free, dairy-free breakfast ready in the morning!
- Use 1-2 Tbsp of PB2 instead of peanut butter.
- Add sliced bananas before refrigerating overnight.
- Add 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt or do half yogurt and half milk.