Fresh out of the oven, these Chewy Chocolate Pecan Cookies could almost pass for brownie edges. Almost. Store them in the refrigerator for about a week. You can heat them up a bit in a toaster oven later. I love dunking these in a glass of cold coconut milk!
- 2 cups of blanched almond flour (lighter) or almond meal (darker)
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of pecans or walnuts (raw or roasted)
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of coconut nectar or agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- course salt for sprinkling on each cookie (optional)
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add in the wet ingredients.
- Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper or a non-stick mat.
- Place small balls of cookie dough about an inch apart on the cookie sheet. Press them down with a fork like you would for peanut butter cookies.
- Sprinkle a bit of salt over each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.