Crispy Coconut Tilapia: It’s kind of like Coconut Shrimp but you’re using fish. This healthy gluten-free, low-carb dish is perfect with a side of steamed veggies and brown rice. Keep in mind every ingredient in this recipe is some form of coconut by-product so you should better like the taste and smell of coconut because it’s about to get coco-nutty in here. 🙂
- 6-8 fresh or thawed tilapia fillets
- 1/4 c. coconut milk
- 1/4 c. coconut flour
- 1/2 c. shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp. of dried Italian herbs or lemon pepper or any herbs of your choice
- kosher salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F. Grease a cookie sheet or spray with coconut oil.
- In a pie plate, combine the coconut flour and shredded coconut. In another pie plate, place the coconut milk.
- Salt & pepper the fish fillets.
- Dip each fish fillet in the coconut milk, then in the coconut flour mixture.
- Arrange the coated fillets on the cookie sheet and top with any remaining coconut mixture.
- Bake 30-40 minutes. Serve while hot and with a slice of lemon.