It was one of those busy days when I went to the grocery store and the smell of Indian food was wafting in the air from the restaurant next door. Mmmmm! Smells good but I didn’t have time for carry out and the kids weren’t going to eat Indian food with me. So I went home to see if I could find anything in my fridge. I put together this a simple, yet flavorful low-carb, gluten-free dish Easy Curry Shrimp to satisfy my craving. Delicious! Perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or water)
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- chopped onions
- 1/2 pound of shrimp or prawns
- sliced carrots and zucchini (or any vegetable you have on hand)
- salt & pepper
- In a sauce pan, sauté curry powder in butter for a minute to get the best flavor.
- Add olive oil/water, then sauté garlic and onions for a couple minutes.
- Add shrimp, carrots and zucchini until shrimp is cooked.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve over brown rice or quinoa.