Here’s another easy low-carb, gluten-free dinner to make for the family: Meatloaf. My mom never made meatloaf at home because, well, we’re Filipino and meatloaf seems to be unheard of in our Filipino household. 🙂 I used to order it at restaurants since I was deprived from having it at home. Now that I’m an adult with my own family (and my husband is not Filipino), we occasionally will have meatloaf (served with rice, just like any Filipino household). Haha!
- 1-1/2 lbs. of ground beef (or turkey, chicken, pork or any combo)
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup of coconut, almond or soy milk
- 1 cup of almond meal
- salt and pepper
- 2 T of coconut sugar or 1/4 tsp of stevia (or other sweetener equivalent)
- 1 T of prepared mustard
- 1/3 cup of sugar-free ketchup
- Preheat oven at 350˚F.
- In a large bowl, combine the meat, egg, onion, milk and almond meal. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a lightly greased 5×9 inch loaf pan or form into a loaf and place in the center of a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, mustard and ketchup and mix well. Pour over the meatloaf.
- Bake for 1 hour.