My kids LOVE Chicken Parmesan but I hate making it because it’s so time consuming and fatty when you have to fry it oil. Then I found this easy Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken on Allrecipes.com. I made some alterations to make it low-carb and gluten-free, and let me tell you, it turned out delicious! Simple to make, great flavor, and still has that great crunch! This has become a family favorite in our weekly dinner rotation. The kids, of course, have it with pasta and spaghetti sauce, but I really enjoy it by itself with some steamed spinach or grilled zucchini.
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of dried basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a pie plate, mix the olive oil and garlic.
- In another pie plate, mix the almond meal, Parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper.
- Dip each chicken breast in the oil mixture, then in the almond meal mixture.
- Arrange the coated chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish, and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.