My friend Fran posted a picture of her dinner on her Facebook page one night. It looked so good! Everyone was “oohing and ahhing” about it and begged for the recipe. It was for Prosciutto-Wrapped Pesto Chicken. She found it on allrecipes.com. As soon as I read the ingredients and directions, I drove to the store and bought chicken, pesto and prosciutto, and prepped it in 10 minutes. What an amazingly simple dinner to make for the family that’s low-carb (only 2 grams of carbs!), gluten-free, and delicious, too. The kids loved it – especially when I said it was wrapped in “fancy bacon.” This will definitely be added to our dinner menu rotation. Thanks for sharing, Fran! 🙂
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (or thighs if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup store-bought basil pesto, divided
- 4 thin slices prosciutto, or more if needed
- Preheat oven to 400˚ F. Grease a baking dish.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of pesto per chicken breast over the top of each breast, and wrap each breast in prosciutto slices to cover the entire breast.
- Place the wrapped chicken breasts into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake until the chicken is no longer pink, the juices run clear, and the prosciutto is lightly crisped, about 25-35 minutes, depending on how “meaty” your chicken breasts are.
- Serve with guilt-free sides, such as brown rice, steamed spinach or Cauliflower Popcorn.