Sometimes a bowl of soup is all you want on a cold winter day (although the sun’s been out lately.) With cauliflower and avocado on hand, I decided to make Cauliflower Avocado Soup. So tasty and filling, it hits the spot for a low-carb, gluten-free quick lunch.
- 1 cauliflower head, chopped into florets
- 1 small, white onion chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 cups chicken (or veg) stock
- 1/2 ripe avocado, cut into chunks
- Heat the butter in a large pot. Add the onion and sauté for five minutes.
- Stir in the cauliflower.
- Pour in the stock, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the avocado chunks and transfer to a blender. Process until smooth.
- Serve in a bowl and drizzle with truffle oil or little chili oil for some kick.