I love custard-based ice cream. This Creamy Chocolate Ice Cream has become one of my favorites because it’s luscious and decadent. So good, so good! I feel like I’m cheating.
- 2 cans coconut cream (full-fat)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 bar of 72% (or higher) dark chocolate, rough-chopped
- 4 egg yolks
- In a pot, combine the coconut cream, agave nectar, butter and vanilla extract. Stir until boiling.
- Lower the heat, then slowly add in the chocolate pieces.
- Whisk in one egg yolk at a time until the mixture is creamy, almost like pudding. (We do not want cooked scrambled egg.)
- Take it off the heat and cool the pot in a bowl of ice-cold water to stop it from cooking. Continue to cool the mixture in the refrigerator for a couple hours.
- Transfer ice cream mix to an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s directions.
You can store your ice cream in a freezer-safe container. It keeps for about 2 weeks.