I love making this gluten-free wheat-free Pita Bread from glutenfreefix.com. It’s quite simple to make, and it tastes pretty good. This is perfect for sandwiches — just stuff it with your favorite cheese, meat and veggies! One recipe makes 4 pita pockets, but you can make couple batches at a time and refrigerate the pita pockets for future sammies.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon oil or melted butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup almond flour, firmly packed
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Whisk together egg, water and oil.
- Add dry ingredients then whisk well.
- Pour into 2 equal portions onto a well greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet or on a Silpat.
- Spread each portion to a 5-6 inch round.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, it will be darker in color, and slightly crisp around the edges.
Let cool. Cut in half. With a small serrated knife, slice carefully down the center, creating the “pocket.”