In case you need more guilt-free cookies this Christmas, here’s another recipe for No Bake Cookies which I found on Gluten Free Fix which I altered a bit. This tastes like a candy bar! I like that you don’t have to bake it, and it’s really, really good when eat them right out of the freezer. Great as a snack or dessert.
- 1/2 cup butter (or coconut oil for dairy-free option)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used almond butter.)
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup of nuts* (Your choice: pecans, almonds, peanuts, etc.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a pot, combine butter/oil, agave nectar, and cocoa powder. Bring to a boil, and boil for 1 minute, whisking constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in nut butter, salt and vanilla.
- Stir in coconut flakes and nuts.
- Scoop cookies onto a parchment lined sheet tray.
- Refrigerate to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 1 week and freezer up to 1 month. (Makes 3 dozen)
*You can make this guilt-free goodie nut-free by using 3 cups of coconut flakes instead. It turns out more like a chocolate macaroon.