I’ve made alterations to this chocolate hazelnut dessert snack (or what I like to call Nutella Cookies) and made it WAAAAAY better! Thus called, 2.0. Now I can be proud to bake these for Christmas and give to the neighbors. 🙂
- 2-1/2 oz. of unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 jar (11.5 oz) Kettle Hazelnut Butter
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- Optional: hazelnut or macadamia nuts for decoration
- In a baine-marie, melt chocolate. Add in hazelnut butter and almond butter. Mix until smooth. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 350˚ F.
- Transfer chocolate hazelnut mix into a medium bowl. Add eggs, sugar, salt and baking soda and stir until the mixture turns into batter.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto Silpat or parchment-paper lined cookie sheet.
- Place a macadamia nut on top of each mound.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool then enjoy.