Another reader-inspired recipe (thanks to sisters Heidy and Sonja), they used my Flaxseed Focaccia Bread recipe and adapted it to make different types of breads (adding pesto and garlic for a more savory bread or adding bananas and cinnamon for a sweeter alternative). I played around too to make Cinnamon Vanilla Flax Seed Bread, which is a delicious treat toasted and smeared with butter when you wake up with a sweet tooth in the morning. Feel free to be creative as well and add your own twist to this amazing bread base!
- 2 cups of flaxseed meal
- 2 tbsp of almond meal or almond flour
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of Stevia powder – I use Trader Joe’s brand.
- 1/4 cup of agave nectar
- 1-2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp of cinnamon
- 5 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- Beat the eggs then throw the rest of the ingredients in with it.
- Let it sit for a couple minutes to thicken.
- Pour it onto a flat jelly-roll pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350˚F for 15-20 minutes or until it springs back to the touch.
- Cut into sizable squares. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.