Toast with peanut butter and honey. One of my favorite bad breakfasts in my “past life.” And then I would dream about sprinkling chocolate chips on top of THAT bad boy! I’ve learned to put aside those peanut butter-chocolate cravings but then I saw this recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins from glutenfreefix.com. OMG… These muffins hit the spot! The smell is outrageous while baking! And, they’re not overly sweet like a cupcake. They’re just right for breakfast to call them “muffins,” and go very well with a cup of coffee.
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (or butter)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Optional: 1 bar of 70% (or higher) dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- Melt together coconut oil and agave nectar in the microwave (about 20-30 seconds.)
- Whisk in cocoa powder and peanut butter until smooth.
- Whisk in eggs and baking soda.
- Add in chopped chocolate pieces (if using).
- Pour into lined or greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes. (Makes 12 muffins.)