I saw this Roasted Peach Ice Cream recipe on Fast Paleo and fell in love with peaches. And if you happen to find fresh organic peaches from the farmers’ market, even better! This gluten-free, creamy, fruity dessert is perfect on warm summer nights. (You can also make it dairy-free.)
- 2 fresh ripe peaches, diced
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or more)
- 2 cans coconut milk*
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup agave nectar
* (Dairy-free option: 2 cans full fat coconut cream, skip the heavy whipping cream)
- Preheat oven at 400˚ F.
- Mix diced peaches and cinnamon in a bowl until peaches are well coated.
- Place the peaches single layer on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the coconut milk, cream, butter, egg yolks, vanilla and agave nectar. Add a fourth of the roasted peaches and blend until smooth
- Cool the mixture in the refrigerator or freezer for a couple hours. (You can skip this step if coconut milk was chilled beforehand.)
- Transfer ice cream mix to an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s directions.
- Add in the rest of the peaches when ice cream is starting to freeze.
- Dig in!