OMG! If I ever have to choose my last dessert while living, this would be it: Pots de Creme (based on healthyindulgences.net’s Chocolate Mousse recipe). I don’t even care if it is guilt-free, gluten-free and with no refined sugar. This baby is to DIE FOR! It’s rich, smooth, creamy and luscious… I’m going to run out of adjectives. Just make it! And what’s fun is using little tiny containers like espresso cups or even shot glasses. I used a shot glass from my wedding. Too cute!
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 ounces of cream cheese*
(*For dairy-free options, replace the cream with coconut cream, and replace the cream cheese with 2 tbsp of coconut cream and 2 tbsp of coconut oil.)
- Microwave the coffee and cream in a mug for about 50 seconds, or until it starts to bubble.
- Place heated coffee mixture, agave nectar, chocolate and vanilla in a blender. Blend for one minute or until chocolate is melted.
- Add eggs and cream cheese, and blend until smooth.
- Pour from blender into ramekins, shot glasses, tiny cups, tea cups, etc.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours to set.
- Serve. Top with sugar-free sweetened heavy cream or a few berries.