I had a couple very ripe bananas in my fruit basket so I figured it was time to bake something guilt-free. Here is a recipe for gluten-free Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Muffins. If you’ve never baked with arrowroot powder before, then you will thank me! I love arrowroot powder. It makes cakes so moist that you forget you’re eating gluten-free.
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 T arrowroot powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- 2-3 mashed very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup of agave nectar
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup of walnuts or pecans (toasted and chopped)
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips (or chopped up bar)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line 11-12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (except for the nuts and chocolate).
- In a blender, combine eggs, oil, bananas and nectar until smooth. Then pour into the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Add nuts and chocolate.
- Fill muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool for 1 hour then enjoy.
Perfect for breakfast, brunch, as a snack or dessert!