I LOVE Nordstrom Cafe’s skirt steak with chimichurri sauce. What a wonderful guilt-free lunch or dinner to have after a hard day’s work of shopping. 🙂 It’s gluten-free and low-carb, too! It comes with roasted asparagus, carrots and potatoes. (I sub the potatoes for more asparagus). Every time I crave this delicious entree, I can’t just run over to Nordstrom. So I’ve decided I need to learn how to make the chimichurri sauce. Actually, it’s pretty simple, you just need a lot of herbs. Here’s my version:
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf or Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- In a food processor, combine the olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, parsley, basil, cilantro, oregano, and garlic.
- Pulse until well-blended.
- Add salt and pepper and pulse again.
Serve this sauce on top of your grilled skirt steak or use as a marinate.