Yup, donuts! Tantalizing donuts! Guilt-free, gluten-free, agave-sweetened Chocolate Donuts! I’ve been seeing too many recipes on the website and this one was worth trying (from glutenfreefix.com). I even went out the same day to buy a donut pan! And the taste? PERFECTION! It’s like eating a candy bar. (Then I decided to buy a second donut pan. I’m in trouble.)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or butter or grapeseed oil)
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond meal (or flour), packed
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Melt together coconut oil and agave.
- Whisk in cocoa powder.
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time.
- Add dry ingredients, combine well.
- Stir in vinegar.
- Pour into greased donut pan (or cupcake pan). Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Invert onto cooling rack.
- Dip in chocolate glaze (recipe below).
(*yields 8 large donuts or 10 cupcakes)
- 1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate (for thicker glaze) or 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- 2-3 tablespoons agave nectar
- Gently melt together the chocolate, oil and agave.
- Whisk until smooth.
- For a thin glaze use immediately, or if you used baking chocolate, allow mixture to cool down and thicken for a ganache texture.
- Sprinkle glazed donuts with coconut flakes, gluten-free sprinkles, or chopped nuts.