I love pound cake and it’s summertime and I felt like having something citrusy. So I thought I’d give this Lime Pound Cake from Spunky Coconut’s site a try. (I made a few alterations.) It’s gluten-free and has no refined sugar, but it is HEAVY! Talk about a POUND cake. This is something you’d have to share with a group or bring to a party because a small sliver of a slice is enough for a serving.
1. Puree in a blender for about 5 minutes or until completely smooth:
- 1/2 cup lime juice (about 4-5 limes)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup raw cashew pieces
2. Pour into a mixing bowl, then add:
- 1/2 tsp vanilla-flavored liquid stevia
- 4 room temp eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or grapeseed oil, ghee or butter)
- 1/4 cup quinoa flour
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
3. Mix with electric mixer for about one minute.
4. Scoop batter into greased and floured bundt pan.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for about 35 minutes.
6. Let the cake cool for about fifteen minutes, then go around all the edges with a butter knife before transferring to a plate or rack.
(For cupcakes: Bake in paper cups, nearly full, for about 22 minutes.)
Puree in a blender:
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp lime zest
- 10 drops vanilla-flavored liquid stevia
- juice from 1 lime
(Add more coconut milk as needed to thin for glaze. Add more coconut flour as needed to thicken for frosting.)