Oh, yeah! I said it. The perfect guilt-free summer treat! It’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream! I don’t even know why I haven’t thought of it until now. This is so creamy and so rich, I seriously cannot believe it’s guilt-free. (And I think the added 1 tbsp of butter to the mix helped the ice cream not stick to my ice cream maker.)
- 1 cup of coconut milk (or almond, soy, cow)
- 1/4 cup of agave nectar (or any other sweetener equivalent of your choice)
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- In a sauce pan, combine all ingredients (except the peanut butter) until cacao powder is dissolved and the mixture is heated.
- Cool at room temperature for 1-2 hours (or more).
- Pour into your ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- Halfway through when the mixture is the consistency of soft serve ice cream (about 10 minutes) , add the peanut butter while it’s churning. Let it run until it’s ice cream.