If you love the topping from the Blueberry and Pear Pecan Crumble, then you’ll like these Snickerdoodles whether as a dessert or as a guilt-free snack. These gluten-free cookies (based on glutenfreefix’s recipe) have a chewy texture – something I miss about “real” cookies. I also like crumbling one of these on top of vanilla ice cream. Or better yet, make an ice cream cookie sandwich!
- 1/2 cup melted butter or coconut oil or grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup almond meal or flour, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup coconut flour, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon almond meal or flour, packed
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a pie pan, mix together coating ingredients. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together melted butter/oil and agave nectar.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Shape dough into 16 balls.
- Gently roll each cookie dough ball in the coating mixture.
- Place them onto a lined cookie sheet and press each ball down to flatten.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let sit on the sheet tray for a few minutes, as they will be soft at first. Then place cookies on a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.