I haven’t had a scone in ages! I used to get the maple glazed ones at Starbucks. But with my new eating lifestyle, I’ve learned to live without. But then… I found these gluten-free, flourless Cinnamon Pecan Scones from glutenfreefix.com. (I tell you, this lady is a genius!) I did little tweaks to make it guilt-free and give it a nuttier flavor. Overall, her recipe is SPOT ON! I love the texture. It’s it’s crumbly and satisfying as any scone can be.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil or melted butter
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 cup almond flour or almond meal, packed
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of almond or maple extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Whisk together eggs, oil, and agave.
- Add all dry ingredients except pecans. Combine well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Scoop onto parchment-lined or silpat-lined cookie sheet (about 12).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!