This Morning Muffin was all a buzz after Dr. Oz aired it on his show last February. It’s filled with guilt-free ingredients, and surprisingly, I had all the ingredients in my pantry. I love it when this happens! It’s actually very similar to my low-carb hamburger bun I posted a while ago (gluten-free, flourless, no sugar).
So I finally got around to giving it a try and it’s actually not bad. Not very sweet (because it only uses Stevia so it’s sugar-free) but pretty darn good especially when you smear it with butter and you watch it melt on contact. Mmmm! It was quite filling. I couldn’t eat the whole thing yet I wasn’t hungry at all until I realized it was already after lunch. Talk about a power muffin! And it only takes 1 minute to cook.
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 tsp. of butter or coconut oil (Just scoop it out of the jar! No need to melt it.)
- 1/3 tsp of Stevia (or more depending on your preference)
- 2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1 egg
- a handful of blueberries
- Put all the ingredients in a mug and stir it well, making sure the egg and the dry ingredients are well incorporated.
- Microwave the mug for 55-60 seconds.
- Turn it over on a plate, slice in half, and butter generously!
For a chocolate option, substitute the cinnamon for 1 tsp. of cocoa powder and 1/2 tsp. of vanilla. Or you can check out heathereatsalmondbutter.com’s recipe. (Love her!)