I love Deviled Eggs! I usually see them at potluck parties served as an appetizer. I’m not a fan of potlucks because the food table is typically a sea of sugary sweet treats and various kinds of pasta dishes that I cannot eat. So if I see deviled eggs at a party, I know I’m in luck: low-carb and guilt-free! I’ve never made these myself. They’re actually fairly simple to make. The hardest part is actually hard boiling the eggs. 🙂
There are many delicious recipes you can find online, this was one I made because I had the ingredients on hand.
- 6 eggs, hard cooked and peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of dill
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- paprika (optional for garnish)
- Cut eggs in half. Arrange egg whites cut side up on a serving plate.
- Put the yolks in a small mixing bowl. Mash yolks with fork then stir in mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar. Mash and stir all ingredients together well.
- Add spices and salt, then taste to add desired amount of pepper.
- Spoon a little bit of the mixture into each egg white half, dividing mixture as evenly as possible between the eggs. Or put in a frosting bag with a fancy decorative tip to fill each egg white half.
- Sprinkle eggs with paprika if desired.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.