When was the last time you’ve eaten a Nestle Toll House cookie fresh out of the oven with the gooey center and the crisp outside? I can tell you that this Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is the closest I’ve gotten to that nostalgic memory. It’s gluten-free and uses coconut palm sugar to get that crispness. My husband and kids think they’re the real thing. They can’t tell that they’re one of my guilt-free goodies!
- 1 /2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 3/4 cup almond flour, firmly packed
- 1/4 coconut flour, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- One (1) 3.5 oz bar of 72% or higher dark chocolate, chopped
- Optional: 1/2 c. of nuts
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Combine butter, palm sugar, flours, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in chocolate pieces.
- Scoop batter onto sheet trays.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until golden brown.
(Makes 18-24 cookies)