Happy Day-Before-Valentine’s Day! I know these are not heart-shaped or red, but it’s another guilt-free goodie (based on glutenfreefix.com’s recipe) that you can share with your loved one that I’ve come to enjoy. Gluten-free, flourless Peanut Butter Cookies that don’t crumble like the Peanut Butter Stevia cookies I posted earlier. If you can eat agave nectar and/or coconut palm sugar, then give these a try. These are dough-y and sweeter, and are the perfect cookie dough to roll into a ball and stick a Hershey Kiss into. (Hmm… must find guilt-free Hershey Kisses.)
- 1 16 oz. jar (or 2 cups) of salted natural peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup agave nectar (or 1/2 cup agave and 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- Combine peanut butter (natural oils on top too), melted butter, honey and eggs.
- Chill batter until it is scoopable. Batter will still be sticky, but manageable.
- Scoop cookies and use a wet fork (dip in a glass of water) to make marks and flatten. Wet fork after each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until they get a little brown around the edges and slightly darker in color. (The longer they bake, the crispier they are.)
- Store in the refrigerator. You can eat them straight out of the fridge or heat them up a bit in a toaster oven. Enjoy with a tall glass of almond milk.