So I took slices of the Coconut Flour Bread and made them into guilt-free French Toast. What a fantastic surprise for breakfast. One word: Wow!
- 6 thick slices
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- salt to taste
- Beat together egg, milk, salt, desired spices and vanilla.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle of skillet over medium-high flame.
- Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides. Place in pan, and cook on both sides until golden.
- Sprinkle with a little coconut palm sugar or Stevia, or drizzle with agave nectar. Top with whipped cream and fruit. Serve.
(I placed 3 slices on a plate for my serving but I could only eat 1 slice because it’s a bit heavy. This breakfast is gluten-free, wheat-free and nut-free.)