Banana bread always reminds me of Christmas because I had an aunt who always made banana bread and would give a loaf to everyone in the family. It was moist and delicious, and sure beat fruitcake’s butt. 🙂 I thought now that I’ve changed my eating habits that I would never be able to partake in good banana bread. But lo and behold, Comfy Belly saves the holidays! (She never disappoints.) Her recipe is so delightful. Talk about moist! So I took her recipe, altered it a bit and made it more decadent so that I can give you a guilt-free (gluten-free, dairy-free, no refined sugar, lower in carbs) Chocolate Walnut-Banana Bread. Perfect as a snack, dessert or even breakfast!
- 1/4 cup of agave nectar
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil (or butter, shortening, ghee)
- 2 eggs
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-1/2 cups of almond flour or almond meal
- 1 bar of 72% dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- Preheat over to 325˚F
- In a bowl, mix agave, oil/butter, eggs and bananas until well-blended.
- Add baking soda, salt and almond flour and mix well.
- Add chocolate and nuts.
- Pour batter into a bread loaf pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. (If you’re using a muffin pan, cut the time to 20 minutes.)
- Cool and serve as is or with a scoop of chocolate banana ice cream or another guilt-free ice cream.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.