Ever since I made these Paleo Chocolate Macadamia Nut Butter Cups I’ve become hooked on coconut butter, Artisana Coconut Butter to be exact. There’s something about the taste and texture of it that I can’t describe. It’s addicting! So I went online to check out other products they make, then I discovered Cacao Bliss. It’s coconut AND chocolate all mixed in a jar and sweetened with a touch of agave nectar. OMG! No wonder it’s called Cacao Bliss. So how do you eat Cacao Bliss? You can dig in the jar with a spoon and hide in your bedroom. Or you can make these gluten-free, low in sugar Cacao Bliss Cookies and share them with friends. (Or you can eat the whole batch to yourself and still hide in your bedroom.)
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of Artisana Cacao Bliss
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of coconut palm sugar
- Optional: 1 bar of dark chocolate (72% cocoa or greater), chopped
- Optional: 1/2 cup of chopped pecans or other nuts
- Optional: 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together first 7 “non-optional” ingredients until well-blended. Stir in optional ingredients: chocolate, nuts, and coconut.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined or greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 15 more minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator.