Here’s a perfect guilt-free treat to make for Halloween. If you think these Peanut Butter Cups are good, then try these Paleo Chocolate Macadamia Nut Butter Cups. They are to DIE FOR (Mwah-ha-ha-ha)! This recipe (which I found on simplylivinghealthy.org) uses coconut butter or manna which is yet another amazing ingredient that is now a “must-have” in my kitchen cupboard. These sweet, nutty treats are low in carbs, gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free.
- 24 whole raw macadamia nuts
- 6 Tbsp shredded coconut
- 6 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 6 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 6 oz coconut butter or manna, softened
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp liquid stevia (optional)
- 2 Tbsp almond butter or any nut butter you’d like.
- 24 mini cupcake liners
- Line a mini muffin pan with the 24 cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl combine coconut, coconut oil, cacao powder, coconut butter, salt, vanilla and stevia.
- Stir ingredients until thoroughly combined. Spoon the mixture into the paper liners evenly.
- Using a small spoon place a 1/4 tsp dollop of almond butter on top of each candy, place the macadamia nut on top of the almond butter and press the nut lightly down into the cup.
- Put the muffin pan into the refrigerator to chill the candies, about 30 minutes.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container until ready to serve.