I love Brownies! Haven’t had one in a while then I saw an espresso fudge brownie recipe from Elana’s Pantry. I’m not a big coffee fan but I wanted to try making them so I altered it a bit by taking out the coffee (and I used coconut oil instead of shortening). These gluten-free goodies are fudge-like and chocolately good.
- 1 bar of 72% dark chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ cup of chopped pecans or walnuts
- Melt chocolate in a saucepan over very low heat or use a double-boiler.
- Add coconut oil and stir until completely dissolved.
- Blend in eggs, coconut palm sugar, vanilla and salt to mixture in pan using a handheld mixer.
- Blend in almond flour and coconut flour.
- Pour into a greased 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 1 hour.
- Serve as is or a la mode with coconut vanilla ice cream.