Inspired by Hawaii, maybe because I really wanted to go to Hawaii or perhaps I had too many macadamia nuts in the pantry, I mixed up a batch of crispy, chewy Macadamia Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies. These are—by far—the chewiest guilt-free cookies I’ve ever eaten! And depending on how much and how big your macadamia nuts are, you get a mouthful of crunch that makes these cookies so sinfully good that it’s hard to believe they’re guilt-free!
- 2 cups of almond butter
- 1/2 cup of coconut palm sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bar of dark chocolate (72% cocoa or greater), chopped
- 1/2 cup of macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together first 5 ingredients until blended. Stir in chocolate, nuts and coconut.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined or greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 15 more minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator.