Heavenly Bliss… the only way I can describe these Hawaiian Truffles. And, God bless my cousin, she managed to make it guilt-free. Low-carb, gluten-free, low in sugar… and HEAVENLY!
I’m going to keep this entry short because I know once you see this you’re going to go make them right away!
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp softened cream cheese
- 2 tbsp sweetener of your choice (I used Stevia in the Raw).
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g (1 bar) of 80% or higher dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 generous tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- big handful of macadamia nuts (roasted & salted is best) coarsely ground
- Beat cream cheese, sweetener and vanilla extract until fluffy. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or put a metal bowl over a boiling pot of water.
- Combine coconut oil and cacao powder in a small bowl until it looks like Hershey’s syrup then add this to the melted chocolate in the double boiler.
- Let the melted chocolate cool for a bit.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the cooled down chocolate. Beat for about 2-3 minutes until it looks incorporated. Don’t worry. It’s going to look weird like really airy chocolate mousse.
- Stir in your shredded coconut and macadamia nuts.
- Place in the fridge for about 15 minutes. It should be like clay.
- Form into 1 inch balls and roll in either cacao powder, ground almonds or coconut.
- Place in fridge for about 15 minutes. Indulge! (Always store in fridge.)