I woke up this morning and wanted Strawberry Pancakes. So I whipped up a batch of guilt-free cupcake batter, tossed in some fresh strawberries, and decided to make them into pancakes instead. Turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself! Best thing is that I didn’t even need to pour syrup over them because they were already sweet. (Option: Don’t add the agave nectar in the batter. Just pour over your pancakes before you eat.)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- ¼ tbsp salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup agave nectar (optional)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, arrowroot powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, agave nectar, and vanilla extract.
- Blend the wet ingredients into the coconut flour mixture with a handheld mixer until thoroughly combined, then fold in the strawberries.
- Fry pancakes on griddle or in a greased skillet over low to medium heat. Watch closely as they burn easily.
- Top with butter or a little dollop of whipped cream.