I wanted to make Almond Butter Chocolate Chip cookies one day but I ran out of almond butter. Thankfully I had a jar of peanut butter and whipped up a batch of Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies instead. Same chewy, crispy texture just made with peanut butter. Still guilt-free (gluten-free, lower-carb, low-glycemic, dairy-free) and yummy-licious!
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of coconut palm sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bar of dark chocolate (72% cocoa or greater), chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans or other nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together first 5 ingredients until blended. Stir in chocolate.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 15 more minutes.