What are Butterfied Oaties? Whatever they are, they just darn good! I found it on HeatherEatsAlmondButter.com. I looked at the ingredients and said to myself, “I could eat that!” So I made them with minor alterations. Great guilt-free snack and low in sugar! They’re like healthy macaroons. Crunchy and chocolatey, too. Sometimes I grab one or two for breakfast (along with an apple) when I don’t have time to sit and have a proper breakfast. I could probably eat a bowl of these bite-sized treats with milk. 🙂
- 1 cup toasted rolled oats. (Toast them in the oven at 350° for a few minutes. Watch them as they burn easily.)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 to 4 tbsp agave nectar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 dark chocolate bar (72% cacao), chopped or 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Scoop mixture by with a cookie scooper or melon baller and place onto parchment or Silpat lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, and then I just pick them up and form into balls and place balls in a mini-muffin tin to maintain its shape.