I’m so excited because I made my own version of Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia! Well, I added strawberries so it’s actually Strawberry Cherry Garcia. It’s gluten-free, sweetened with agave, and lower in carbs than regular ice cream.
- 1 – 13.5 oz. can of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream (optional – I add it so the ice cream doesn’t stick to the sides of my ice cream maker base.)
- 8 oz. (about 12) fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 – 10 oz. package frozen pitted cherries
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 3-1/2 oz. bar of dark chocolate (72% cacao) chopped
- Blend all ingredients in a blender
- Pour into your ice cream maker and process according to instructions.
- Add chocolate and stir with a heavy spoon.