If you love chocolate, then you’re going to LOVE this Chocolate Ganache Frosting! For something so rich, it’s hard to believe it’s guilt-free. Gluten-free, low in carbs compared to other chocolate frostings, and the sweetness depends on the kind of chocolate you add.
- 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 bars of 72% or higher dark chocolate, chopped (or about 8 oz. of chocolate chips)
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- In a saucepan, bring cream to a boil then remove from the heat.
- Stir in chocolate until melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add vanilla and salt. (Now you have ganache!)
- Leave at room temperature for 5-10 minutes then cool in the refrigerator until the ganache thickens (about 10-30 minutes*). It will look shiny and you can start frosting your cakes.
(*If the ganache is too stiff to frost, reheat in the pan over low heat for a very short time to soften it a bit.)